Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Snap, Crackle, MAX



As I start getting more comfortable at MAX, I’ve noticed and taken note of some of the hilarious, “normal” lingo around the office. I’ve decided that every week I write a blog I’m going to add in the “Quote/word of the week”. Even though most of the things said around the office aren’t near appropriate enough for an online blog, I’m going to try my best to keep it PG.

This week the quote is “Snap, Crackle, Pop” said by our one and only boss man, Tom Matte. Tom tends to shout this in fits of excitement or if he is referring to Nathan, the account executive.

I know I said last week that I was a pro at making coffee, but I soon realized I had no idea what I was doing. The third day in the office I shoved about 3 filters and just about the whole bag of coffee into the coffee maker. Yes, I know many of you are thinking…are you an idiot?? And, well, maybe I am, but when I was learning, or more rather being “trained” by Ashley, the past intern, she made it clear that I could put whatever in the coffee maker and it would be fine. This, I soon found out to be completely false. I flooded the entire counter with scalding hot coffee. Luckily, Jim caught the mess before it got any worse. Yea, I’m 23 and I just learned how to make coffee…

This week we launched our new website! I got the opportunity to work on the website with the help and training of Ken. I wrote some excerpts, I had input on a few of the case studies, and I got to publish my blog on the site. It has taken us a while to perfect this new site and I am proud to say it is finished…and if you haven’t looked at the whole site yet, you should!

Even more exciting, everyone in the office got to have a little photo shoot with Doug Coulter. None of us are models so it was quite entertaining. I think most of us took at least 60 shots each…so thank you Doug for dealing with us. You’ll be able to see these beautiful pictures on our Facebook page as well as our website, so just another reason to check us out!

Since our new site is finished, we are officially announcing our new name and image: MAX Advertising. We have a new Facebook page, under the name Max Advertising, and a new Twitter account: @maxadv.

Right now, I want you to go to our Facebook page, “like us” and while you’re at it, go to our Twitter page and follow us! We are an entertaining group to keep up with, so this will definitely bring some laughs into your day.

Until next week,

Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment