Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Exactos and Interns

Last Friday was a day of firsts for me and for MAX Advertising. It was my first “Fun Friday” and it was the first time an employee of MAX Advertising was rushed to the E.R. Almost every Friday around lunchtime everyone in the office gets together and goes to lunch. This Friday we went to Fellini’s Pizza down the street and it was a great time – good food, drinks, and conversation.

It was definitely a good day up until we got back from lunch. After lunch, I was asked to cut some posters for an ad campaign that Jim had been working on all day. He warned me over and over about being careful with the sharp exacto knife, but I just brushed it off. I mean who cuts themselves with an exacto knife? I was carelessly cutting the posters when I realized I had just cut half the tip of my finger off. Why it took me so long to notice… hmm I don’t know. Lets just say never look away while using a sharp cutting instrument.

DeKalb Medical Center LogoIt looked like a murder scene. There was blood everywhere; all over the kitchen sink, the art table and I think I even bled on the posters. After Gregg, Ken and I tried to stop the bleeding we decided the best thing to do was to go to the hospital. Gregg drove me to DeKalb Medical Center – a MAX Advertising client – to get me all stitched up. Six stitches later, my finger was as good as new. Everyone in the hospital was very nice and it only took about 30 min, which is amazingly fast in an E.R.

Instead of a word of the week, I’m going to go with the lesson of the week: Always pay attention when using sharp objects.

Other than that the week was a great week. We focused on pushing our new brand on Facebook, Twitter, and to clients. We got up to 200 Facebook fans in about 48 hours, which is awesome! We are also gearing up for the 6th annual Business Expo on October 28th. We are excited to showcase our new image to the public and are encouraging everyone to go. Our own fearless leader, Tom “snap, crackle, pop” Matte, will be presenting Arthur Blank as the speaker and we will have a booth set up at the event – booth 113. It will definitely be a day full of information and fun, so check it out!

Until next week,

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment