Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Snowpocalypse 2011

So it was Friday-the calm before the storm-and everyone was warning us southerners about the huge snowstorm that was coming our way. If anyone was like me, I honestly didn’t think it would affect me for more than a day. Now it’s day 3 of being stuck in my house. Talk about cabin fever.

Day 1- I texted some employees the night before and asked if we were going to work the next day. The response I got was: “I’m partying like we aren’t.” And this was from more than one employee. I guess everyone had one thing on their mind.

The first day was fun, I guess. I went sledding down a huge hill and got some serious exercise climbing back up those hills. So by 4 o’clock that day I was passed out.

Day 2 – I was for sure I would be going to work by day 2. But I was wrong. I’ve never had so much free time since college; I almost didn’t know what to do with it. So to my shock and to my mother’s shock, I decided to iron all of my clothes and organize my closet. That is how bored I was. I never do house work.

My lifesaver Tom called earlier that morning so I actually had work I could do from home. Thank you Tom.

Day 3 – ummm? What? Where are the snowplows and sand? After talking to some fellow co-workers I could tell that I wasn’t the only one getting a little restless. Luckily for me, I get to continue to write; hopefully that will stop the boredom for a few hours.

This snow better clear soon because we are running out of food in our house. Kroger is empty because the trucks can’t reach the stores due to the iced roads. And I continue to online shop so my bank account is suffering because of the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment