Tuesday, January 25, 2011

MAX Advertising Social Media Success


I was recently hired in November (2011) at MAX Advertising as a "junior account executive and social media person"---which means I handle stuff from MAX blogging to other social media initiatives such as our Facebook page, Twitter, and YouTube channel. Now, before I go any further I must say Christie (my boss) handles most of the Twitter and Facebook posts from MAX-it's her love!

It's funny because when I tell people I handle social media at my office everyone looks down at me with their rolling eyes. Most people think social media is a bunch of teenagers chatting and posting about what they had for lunch. Couldn't be more wrong. Social media is definitely a full time job. I don't know what I would do if Christie didn't do as much as she did. There are new applications and software that come out almost daily to help companies advertise with social media. I definitely do a lot of research on these programs.

I feel as though, to have a complete social media program for your company you must incorporate everything--LinkedIn, blogging, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube. This takes a lot of work and time. You have to make sure everything matches, everything is optimized, and you have to make sure people (your future customers/clients) are looking AND liking your stuff! This also takes a lot of research.

And most importantly you have to have some kind of tracking software. You can pay for it or use a free program like Google Analytics. I mean why use social media if you can't track if people are viewing your information?

Anyways to get more tips and ideas check out MAX's sites:

http://www.youtube.com/MAXadvertisingagency

www.twitter.com/maxadv

And search for Max Advertising in LinkedIn and in Facebook...also make sure you "like" us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment